To submit a request for a letter of support, please contact The NEON project and include the following:
- Information on the NEON resources the proposal would like to use:
- the digital data and/or other resources you are seeking to use, and from which NEON site(s); and
- when you need those resources (and/or for physical and biological samples, for how long you need them).
- Information on your project:
- Funding agency (e.g., NSF, NASA)
- Program (e.g., CAREER, EAGER, etc.)
- Proposal title
- Principal Investigator’s name
- Principal Investigator’s affiliation
- Deadline you need the Letter of Support by (please submit requests at least two weeks prior to deadline).
Some research programs have a standard letter or memo templates that PIs are required to follow; we may be able to sign these. Please include the template with your request.
Letters of support may also be requested for non-NEON-related activities – e.g., Battelle staff participation in research or education projects that do not involve NEON project resources.
PLEASE NOTE: The NEON project cannot provide letters of support for proposals that would affect the current operations scope or NEON project capabilities.